Thursday, September 27, 2012

Awww.... Shucks!

That's how I felt this morning when I got one of the nicest emails that I've ever received from a fan.  Unfortunately this fan wrote to me anonymously and so I couldn't write back to thank them for their kind words... hopefully you're reading this now and so will know how much I appreciated hearing from you!

I get a fair amount of fan mail, I suppose, usually at least 3-5 emails a week. Like any other person, I adore being praised and half of the reason I write is because I love hearing from people who enjoy my work.  The other half of the reason is probably because otherwise I'd go insane if I didn't get these stories and characters out of my head and onto paper.

This particular email stood out, however, for sheer length and detail of everything the reader enjoys about my work, including the specific stories and what he liked about them. Constructive criticism doesn't always come from negative aspects of a person's work, sometimes it comes from positive as well, and it definitely changes how I might write in the future. Especially little details like 'I love the titty torture, but I wish there had been more pussy torture.' No problem. I can totally do that. And it challenges me because it's not something I've done much of, and I enjoy challenges =)

Something fascinating about this reader was that he liked the fact that I was a woman writing all these dirty stories. Which makes sense to me, because I suppose there are a lot of guys out there that think girls don't think about these dirty, depraved things in the same way they do. I happen to know a lot of women with those kinds of fantasies, but maybe that's just the company I keep =) Or maybe it's that a lot of our fantasies aren't something we'd ever want to actually experience or even role play with.  But I do have to admit, I'm always amused when people in my real life find out exactly how debauched I am inside my head. Although, admittedly, most of them only get little glimpses of it. There are very few who actually get to hear all of my intimate thoughts.

It's always fascinated me, over the years, how many people think I'm a sweet, innocent little thing who probably has never tried a position outside of missionary.  This might be because I usually don't curse in front of people who aren't my close friends, I tend to be rather quiet / shy when first meeting people, and I can really do the prim and proper thing when I'm in the mood for it. I've also got a great shocked face. It's always fun when someone will apologize for saying something raunchy in front of me and I blow them out of the water with something like "You know, anal sex is actually really pretty awesome if you do it right. I can give you some pointers if you need."

Anyway. That email rather made my day =)  As feedback usually does, but even more so in this instance.

Also making me particularly happy today is that I FINALLY finished my Halloween story. I'm going to edit it over the next two days (38 freaking pages... if anyone tells me this is too short I will make a voodoo doll out of them and stick pins in it!) and then submit so that it's out for the first week of October =) Good times!  I've been cracking the whip on myself to get this story done this week so now I'll be back to focusing on some shorter offerings as well as the next chapter of Being the Maid. And continuing work on Venus Desiring. YAY!

1 comment :

  1. I will gleefuly await such a long story from you... Wonder how many lit pages that will be?

    I to adore the fact that you are a lady and write some of my favorite kinky stories on Lit. A couple of my favorite kinky people are ladies. My favorite tumblr so far is a delightfully kinky lady who seems to have a fascination with butt plugs.

    Now I just need to get off my ass and get some more of my own writing done. My muse is quiet at the moment though. I dewfinately am a burst writer. :)

    ReplyDelete