Sunday, October 7, 2012

My Favorite Stories

I noticed lately that I mentally wince whenever I get a comment or feedback from someone who's read one my new stories and says "I'm going to check out your other stuff!" (or equivalent thereof). Mostly because... I have a lot of stuff that I'm not particularly proud of. I mean... I'm proud I wrote it. When I wrote it I was pleased with it. But more than once I've thought about starting over under a different penname on Lit, just so that people wouldn't go and read my old stuff and think about how it's not as good as the new stuff.

Cuz let's face it... it's not. I've got a lot of good quickies, sure. But my idea of what makes a Romance or what's a good BDSM story has changed sooooo much over the past seven years. Yeah... seven years. I mean, it makes sense that my writing has grown and changed during that time period, but I know a lot of the time people don't look at the date that the story was published, so someone might go from reading something really well written to something that's... not. I feel like I'm tricking people! False advertising!

Okay maybe that's a little overdramatic, but it's kinda true. So... for anyone who reads this blog and hasn't read all my stories and is daunted by the fact that there are over 600 offerings... here are my personal favorites.

1. Poker Loser and Allison's New Life still remains one of my favorite stories. To this day I'm still blown away by the response that series gets. Poker Loser was my second attempt at writing for Literotica and the characters really took on their own life; I definitely hadn't meant for them to end up being romantic, but that's what happened. Of course, this series was effected by my lack of experience with BDSM, but overall it's still one of my favorites.

2. Chris Hemsworth: Sex God... I mean, this one should be kind of obvious why it's one of my favorites. A fantasy come to life =)

3. Demon Victim is one of the few Erotic Horror stories that I've written that I ever go back and re-read. It's not my favorite category, but sometimes I come up with something truly dark that ends up turning me on despite myself, and this short series was one of those. I think that part of the reason it interests me is because of the struggle of George's psyche as he finds himself in an awful situation as well as the struggle of those around him as they see him become something terrible. That and the whole 'be careful what you wish for' message, which has always been one of my favorites. I'm not entirely sure that this series wasn't partially inspired by a Goosebumps book that I read growing up.

4. Gentleman's Maid was inspired by one of my favorite erotic books to read, The Captivity of Celia.  I like this one because of the older man / younger woman dynamic and also because of the whole debauching of an innocent aspect, especially an innocent who loves every second of it! For the version I have published on Amazon, there were a few small changes as well as an extra chapter at the end to help finish out the story.

5. Mr. Sexsational I still haven't got a clue where I got the idea for this story. Or where I got half the material in it. I can't read it without laughing out loud. I apparently really went all out when I wrote it and it still amuses the heck out of me. I'm honestly not sure I could write another spoof humor piece this good ever again.

6. Snowed In, which is a Loving Wives story. One of my better ones, in my opinion, although since it's in that category the scores aren't that high. Going back and re-reading it I'm always rather pleased at how it turned out, especially since I wrote it years ago. It's a fun fantasy.

7. Submission is definitely one of my favorites, although sometimes I feel bad that it doesn't contain the main precepts of BDSM - Safe, Sane and Consensual. It's the consensual part mostly, since Alanna IS an actual slave, but since it's a Sci-Fi piece I feel like maybe it's okay? Anyway. It's one of my favorite pieces.

8. Truth Will Set You Free is not my usual kind of story but I think that's one of the reasons I like it. Mind control sometimes turns me on and sometimes doesn't; in this story I think I like it so much because of how it brings about the confession of untapped fantasies, leading to some sexiness. Plus the fact that the wronged man gets a better girl in the end than his cheating ex.

9. Venus School of Sex. Obviously LOL.

10. Work Quartet: This one was kind of a fantasy of mine for awhile, so it was fun to write it out. The subsequent chapters went away from my original fantasy, but were still a lot of fun to write and I enjoy reading them. Then again, I'm big into anal so that makes sense. =)

Anyway. So those are my favorites. A little glimpse of what goes on in my head. If you want to know what my favorites of other people's stories are you can check out my Literotica page.  Woo.

No comments :

Post a Comment