Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Amazeballs

Soooooo... in case you hadn't realized, I'm a big nerd.  I went to DragonCon this past weekend and it was AMAZEBALLS.  So many awesome costumes there, plus all the actors and writers, etc. One of my favorite authors, Laurell K. Hamilton was there and I got her autograph in the first book of her Anita Blake series.  Even though that series has gone downhill in the recent books, the first ten or so were fantastic and I love re-reading them.

I also got to see a panel with William Shatner which was super cool - although unlike most of the people there, I fell in love with him as Denny Crane rather than as Captain James Kirk.  I have been watching the original Star Trek during the past month though, so I understand where that love is coming from too.  He's a fabulous public speaker!  Definitely recommend going to see him if you ever get a chance.

It was three seriously intense days of high heeled boots and corsets (holy crap my feet hurt) and tons of walking, lots of waiting in line, and taking a mountain load of pictures.  We were pretty much completely exhausted by the end of every night, so needless to say I didn't get a whole lot of writing done.  And by "not a whole lot" I mean that I wrote about a page while we were waiting for the plane to take us home.

This week I've got some goals...

1. Finish and submit the next chapter of Marriage Training
2. Finish and submit the standalone story that I've been working on for a few weeks now (it's so close!)
3. Write at least one more chapter of Stronghold (aim for two...)
4. Complete the chapter of Seduction By Spanking that I'm currently working on.

Obviously that's a lot of goals... but I might be able to complete them.  It does somewhat depend on free time / level of tiredness.  And I just wasn't in the right mind set over the weekend, I was more about action and experiencing than I was about sitting / thinking / writing.  Now that I'm so tired (and my feet are so sore) sitting and writing sounds heavenly LOL.

2 comments :

  1. I hope you'll continue watching the original series of Star Trek. Not only is the series wonderful and part of the cultural context for any geeky person, but I'd love to see your take on Kirk/Spock or Spock/Uhura sexy time. (Something like this, only with your spin: http://archiveofourown.org/works/919379/chapters/1785123 :-D )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sooo... the second I saw your comment, even before I looked at the link you provided, I thought how fun it would be to do a thing where Uhura Femme-Dommed Spock, only to click on the link and find that it was a Kirk-Dom story!

      I might seriously have to consider this, although I'll probably have to be in a particular mood to do it =)

      Delete