Thursday, January 1, 2015

2015 Resolutions

So, looking back at last year's resolutions, it occurs to me that I suck at life resolutions LOL.  I do much better at the writing ones.  Although, I am still making a personal resolution to get to the gym at least twice a week.  I was doing okay with it at the beginning of last year before I started slacking off... this year I've got more motivation though... I've gained some weight which means that my blood sugar has gone up.  UGH.

More about that when Leigh's story comes out... if you remember from Mastering Lexie, she's got some high blood sugar issues going on.  It's called "pre-diabetic" and it's a pain in the ass.  I decided to give poor Leigh a lot of my issues.  Her relationship with Michael has a lot of basis in my relationship with my ex-boyfriend, at least in the way that they deal with each other and the way that she has trouble letting go of him.  I'm looking forward to her getting a HEA... which will have some roots in my own HEA story =D  YAY!  So that's some fun little hints for that.

Anyway.  WRITING GOALS!  These I'm much better at.  Doing four goals this year and no bonus goal, because I have enough trouble finishing the regular goals LOL.

1.  Finish re-writing Marriage Training and submit it to my writing agent.

2.  Publish Broken (novella) and Breaking the Chain (novel) from the Stronghold series.

3.  Finish three uncompleted series on Lit (From Terra, Tomboy Tease, and Homeschooled).

4.  Publish at least one story under my Dark Angel penname.

I know that #3 is a repeat from last year, but last year at this time I thought I was a lot closer to finishing Taken by the Wolf than I actually was.  I'm only a few chapters away from completing From Terra, and then I'm going to jump to Tomboy Tease, which is only going to be one more chapter.  Which means I should (hopefully) be started on Homeschooled by March.  Homeschooled is going to be another longer series, and I'm really looking forward to it.  I've come up with all sorts of ideas about where it's going to go.

So yeah.  Those are the goals for this year and I'm pretty excited about them!  I think I'm actually going to be able to get more than those done, but for now, I'm going to leave it at that.  It'd be really nice if, at the end of this year, when I reflect back, I've gotten MORE done than I've resolved to do, instead of having failed at half of them =P

Anyone got any good resolutions for themselves this year???

4 comments :

  1. Ugh, I know where you're coming from with the pre-diabetic thing. I'm not quite there myself, but according to my doctor, it's a matter of when, not if (diabetes runs in the family). I'll poke you once a week about your gym time if you poke me back! We can be cross-country gym buddies! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good to me!!! I always do better when I feel like I'm letting someone down if I don't go! lol

      Delete
  2. So since you're working with an agent on Marriage Training what kind of time line are you looking towards? I'm excited to see how that story translates to a full book!

    Good luck with all your goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, not sure. Since it'll (hopefully) be going through traditional publishing, it's very likely that it'll take longer than usual =/ But I'll still be self-publishing other stuff in the meantime!

      Delete