Friday, August 7, 2015

On Schedule!

YAY!  So far I am on schedule to get Philip's Rules out for my birthday on August 15th =)  WOOT!



I should be finishing the last chapter and writing the epilogue today.  This week has had a LOT of writing time shoved into it, but it's been good... I had the time for it this week, which was nice.  I'm really happy with how the book has gone so far, I'm getting good feedback from the beta readers, and I'm already looking forward to the rest of the series =)

I'm also hoping to have my first newsletter out sometime this month!  I'll have a link up sometime next week for sign-ups.  I'm not as good about updating the blog as I have been in the past anymore, I'm just too busy, and I won't be abandoning the blog, but I feel like the newsletter is a good option for people who aren't as interested in reading the blog posts but DO want to know when the next book is coming out.  Because, let's be honest, sometimes I just ramble on here and not everyone wants to know what's going through my head during the writing process, which I totally get.

In other news, I've (finally) started on reader requests for Lit.  The first thing I'm doing is re-writing Chapter 9 of Contest, which was a request made a LONG time ago and I'm excited to finally get to it.  It's certainly the most lacking chapter of that series and I'm going to enjoy doing it justice.  It's also probably going to be a couple chapters long.  I'm a little disappointed in myself for putting up so much information packed into such a short chapter the first time around.  At the time, I was doing the Survivorphile contest, which involved quantity over quality, but I was really trying not to let the quality of my stories suffer, and on that chapter I definitely fell short of that goal.  Soooo I'm really happy that I got a request to re-write it and I can now fix that!

And, of course, once Philip's Rules is complete and out, book-wise I will be turning my focus back to Stronghold to pick up Leigh and Jared's story where it left off!  I'm looking forward to that although I'm also super into the new Bridal Discipline series.  It's always fun having two series that I'm so inspired by!

No comments :

Post a Comment